Call for Nominations
The members of the Arkansas Chapter of the American College of Surgeons (AR-ACS) have approved updated Bylaws for the Arkansas Chapter.
Under the auspices of the current Bylaws, the AR-ACS Nominating Committee is seeking nominations for open positions on the Board of Directors.
The positions include:
- President-Elect- one-year term
- Secretary-Treasurer- two-year term
- Three At-Large Directors- staggered three-year terms
- One Associate Fellow- one-year term
- Two Residents- one-year term
- One Young Fellow- one-year term
- One representative of the Association of Women Surgeons (AWS) and/or Women in Surgery- one-year term
To serve, a candidate must be a member of the American College of Surgeons and the AR-ACS Chapter in good standing. Responsibilities include:
- Attending one face-to-face Board meeting per year which is held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting and conference calls which are held periodically throughout the year as needed
- Providing input and feedback on activities and initiatives of the Chapter
- Assisting in program development and outreach to the specific membership represented by the position
- Attending and participating in advocacy activities and the Annual Meeting
- Responding appropriately to all Calls-to-Action sent by the Chapter and the ACS
In return, representatives have the opportunity to interact with surgical leaders in the state, develop leadership experience, and represent the organization in advocacy and public relations.
Self-nominations are requested to ensure the candidate has agreed to the position. Please submit a Curriculum Vitae along with a brief letter of interest and a description of qualifications to the Nominating Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 25, 2022. Up to two supporting letters may accompany the nomination, but are not required.
We hope you will join us as we aim to represent all Arkansas surgeons and improve surgical care in our state.